Today we’re hooking up with the Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday
Amanda sent me the title for this Top Ten Tuesday. I decided to go ahead and make my list Top Ten Books My Sister Has Been Telling Me That I MUST Read (because she is demanding like that, but she’s also almost always right)
- Anything by Mira Grant, namely Feed (she actually sent me $2 when this was a Kindle Daily Deal to ensure that I would buy it. I did, but I haven’t started yet) [Amanda adds-DO IT NOW]
- The Queen of the Tearling
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (I am sure I will love this, but I just haven’t gotten to it yet)
- The Golem and the Jinni
- The Magicians (I have been nervous about these books since I read a negative review of the magicians here, by Amanda loves it, and I’ve otherwise heard nothing but good things. I will jump on this bandwagon soon, I swear)
Holly isn’t quite as demanding (in book pushing anyway) but I thought I should respond with the books she’s been telling me to read. With one exception I’ll try to get on these:
- Tiny Beautiful Things Though she tells me “it might make you cry cry cry!” Bust. I do that enough on my own. I will tough it out since I’ve been kind of bossy with my list.
- The Signature of All Things. Definitely on my list!
- Lipstick Jihad. I’ve actually put this on hold at the library more than once since Holly’s told me to read it. I need to just sit down and try it because this sounds so good!
- + Many: Game of fucking Thrones 2 through 12 or whatever they’re on. I just don’t know if I can do it. Not even for my sister. But I feel like such a quitter. Maybe I should try. Maybe someday? Maybe not!