Today we’re hooking up with the Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday.
Amanda-I call this I have an addiction to reading series. I need help.
- Anne of Green Gables. I loved this series so much. I just unpacked all my teenage copies, but this cover by Puffin has made me realize I should upgrade my bookshelf.
- Harry Potter. I haven’t done this reread in a while. Is 4 too young to introduce Babycakes to the Boy Who Lived? This is a serious question. I collected them all in hardcover while I was pregnant to be ready.
- The Magicians and The Magician King. I need to prepare myself for The Magician’s Land. I’m just not sure I’m ready for this series to end.
- The Dark is Rising. I remember loving these when I was younger. Maybe another set I need to collect for Babycakes? What am I going to do if she doesn’t like to read the same things as me?!
- Catch-22. Thankfully my one standalone. This made me laugh out loud and sob-sometimes at the same time. My next dog is going to be named Major Major thanks to this book.
- I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb. Reason: I have a hardcover copy of this book I got at a library book sale because I had loved it so much the first time – but I really better reread it soon to justify moving this book a few times.
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Reason: I thought this book was the bees knees when I was 16. I’m both interested and terrified to reread and find out why.
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Reason: My sister LOVES this book so that’s reason enough for me for a reread. I did like it – I just can’t remember it that well.
- Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides. Reason: I thought this book was great years ago, and then I read The Virgin Suicides more recently. I did not like that one, so I need to go back to remember why I loved this one (besides the fact in contains one of my most favorite paragraphs).
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Reason: Do I need one for this? Well, it’s because I read it so long ago I feel like I need to revisit it just to be a culturally literate human being.
What’s on your reread list?