Today we’re hooking up with the Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday.
I told Amanda that if we were going to do this Top Ten Tuesday, we had to go back and visit our Top Ten Books on Our Fall TBR List post. While I am happy to say that I’ve finished 4 out of 5, I am embarrassed that the one unread book has been waiting for me to read it since 1996. For shame. Let’s just assume that one is also on my Winter TBR, but here’s a few more:
- Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson – this has been on my radar since it was mentioned on Literary Disco, and then it was a Kindle deal. Done and done.
- Fourth of July Creek by Smith Henderson- ditto exactly what I said re: Housekeeping
- A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev. Does anyone love the movie Monsoon Wedding as much as Amanda and I? Amanda and I will be reading this together soon!
- Dirty Chick by Antonia Murphy – Cannot.Resist.Books.About.New.Zealand
- It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell – If you’ve never visited the blog CanYouStayForDinner, go. And then you’ll want to read this too!
Also, tomorrow we’re posting a Nonfiction TBR post for #Novficnov, so apparently I will have a lot of reading to do this winter.
I’m apparently kind of a failure at my Fall reading list. I only read 2 of 5! Oops. Those other 3 are definitely still on my list. I admit with Dreams of Gods and Monsters I’m kind of afraid to start it. I’m afraid its going to hurt my heart-and hurt my back to carry because that sucker is huge! Here are 5 more books I cannot wait to read!
- A Bollywood Affair- See above. Along with Monsoon Wedding may I also recommend Bride and Prejudice for a fun Bollywood movie!
- Princess of Thorns, by Stacey Jay. I love fairy tale retellings and I’ve heard good things so far about this Sleeping Beauty.
- As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust, Flavia de Luce #7 by Alan Bradley. I love Flavia! If you like mysteries you should totally start this series.
- A String of Beads, Jane Whitefield #8 by Thomas Perry. Another amazing series. Jane Whitefield helps people who need to disappear. She is awesome! This is unlike any other series I can think of. They’re kind of haunting.
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. This has been on my list so I’m really glad it is my January book club book!
What are you going to be reading this winter? Also, have you joined the Book Nerds Unite giveaway? $150 amazon gift card could be yours! Enter HERE