Before you read our TTT you should make a note to check out Holly’s post about holiday birthdays over at WhatSarahRead!
We’re linking with The Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday and here are our picks for 10 (or more) books we’d like to see under the tree this year!
- The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta – if you’re asking, “will you guys PLEASE shut up about those books?”, the answer is NO. But I checked them all out from the library to read, and I need to own them. Tell Santa.
- Dead Wake the Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson – Does Santa send pre-orders? Please say yes.
- Hyperbole & a Half by Allie Brosh – Despite my penchant for ebooks, I would love this one in real book form. I have cracked up at the computer reading her blog, so I am pretty sure this book will kill me.
- Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay – I haven’t read it yet. I KNOW.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple – I have been resisting the urge to buy this at the airport bookstore anytime I’ve traveled in the last 6 months. I can only hold out for so long!
We usually split these lists 5/5 but Holly likes to break rules and sometimes I can too! More books for me!
- The Falconer by Elizabeth May. Scotland. Fairies. Sign me up.
- The Magicians box set by Lev Grossman. How pretty is that?! I haven’t even read the Magician’s Land yet because I’m not ready for the series to be over. But I need them all.
- The Storied life of AJ Fikry. Everyone should read this! Here is my post loving on this book.
- Every Breath by Ellie Marney. This Sherlock retelling just sounds really fun!
- Deadline by Mira Gran (Newsflesh #2)t. I own #1 and #3! Clearly I need this for complete Feed rereads. The lack of symmetry on my kindle is kind of making me crazy. And if you haven’t read Feed yet, go away and do it now.
- Symbiont by Mira Grant. Yes I’m obsessed. I own #1, Parasite, haven’t read it yet but still need 2.
- Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta. See Holly’s comments about these.
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson. Yes the National Book Award drama caught my eye, but this sounds excellent.
- Sprinkles – Thank you Trish! They have me at sprinkled cocktail rims!
- The Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes. Basically I need all the Jojo in my life. ALL.
What books are you asking Santa to bring? Merry Christmas to you if you’re celebrating!