Today we’re hooking up with the Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday, Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 — bookish, blogging or otherwise!
- Read these 12 books or bust.
- Tweet…sporadically. I know Twitter is like the place to be for bloggers and readers and writers and pretty much anyone, but I just haven’t gotten too emotionally invested over there. And I’m okay with that. But I’ll try to throw out a tweet every now and again. (Yes, I know that goal-setting-for-dummies says goals should be specific and measurable. So basically, I take back everything I have said in goal #2 because I don’t really mean it. But, you can follow me @ampersandpaper for a whole lot of nothing!)
- Here’s a real one! In 2014, I got to hear a few author talks, including Helene Wecker and Karen Abbott. I would be up for more author events in 2015.
- Roll out a new look for Gun In Act One, maybe? I know there are things we could do to improve the look of our blog. Maybe we’ll do them in 2015. Maybe we’ll sit on the couch and eat bon-bons instead. It could really go either way, people.
- Write for fun and sometimes profundity. Is that a goal if that’s basically what I already do? Maybe that’s my mission statement. I like to review books, but I also like to write posts that are book/reading/life related. December has been kind of a hectic month for reading and writing both, but I plan to continue writing some non-review posts throughout the year. That is, if there is time to post them between all of Amanda’s review posts.
- I’m planning to go to ALA MW in January. Tell me if you’re going! I’m really excited about this and I hope Holly can come too!
- I really need to clean out my GR to read shelf which currently has 1506 books on it. I’m guessing there are a few I can take off.
- Finish the 12 books for our 2015 TBR challenge (see Holly’s #1). I picked up 5 Days at Memorial at the bookstore today and I’m afraid.
- Try to start reading chapter books with Babycakes! I am counting down until we can start The Secret Garden or Harry Potter!
- This is not a blogging goal or reading, but I really want to learn to make my own pie crust. I’m afraid but its time to try!