This week’s Top Ten Tuesday Today from the Broke and the Bookish was a freebie. So I’m sharing 10 books I can’t wait to share with Babycakes when she’s bigger. This may be an ode to Roald Dahl. Auntie Holly threw in an honorable mention as well!
- Harry Potter. I started collecting these in hardcover when I was pregnant so I can start as soon as she’s ready!
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle. I still have my beat up paperbacks to pass down.
- Anne of Green Gables. I hope she finds a bosom friend!.
- A Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- The B.F.G. (the Big Friendly Giant) by Roald Dahl
- Matilda by Roald Dahl. Basically all the Roald Dahl ok?
- Linena in Monet’s Garden
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
God help us if this kid doesn’t like to read. This doesn’t include at all the books my husband has waiting for her.
# 11 from Auntie Holly: Paddington Bear, yo. I was into Paddington before he was a movie star! I totally had a Paddington Bear party in grade school, complete with a red hat. It’s on.