This week’s Top Ten Tuesday from the Broke and the Bookish was Ten Books I’d Love to Read With My Book Club, but since we are an exclusive book club of two here at Gun In Act One, we’re changing it up for a list of ten books we’d like to read together. If you want to see what books we’ve read and blogged about together already, may we direct you to this post here for a list.
- Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers. Must finish the Assassin Nun story.
- Parasite by Mira Grant. Yes I am a tad obsessed with Seanan/Mira’s books. I don’t care and I’m taking Holly along with me.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. Retelling of the Arabian Nights-yes sign me up and I’ll bring Holly whether she’s ready or not. Maybe I am a bit of a book pusher
- Persuasion by Jane Austen. I think our high school English teacher, Brother Ruhl, would be proud! We both have this on our 2015 TBR Challenge list so it must be read!
- Romantic Outlaws: The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and Her Daughter Mary Shelley by Charlotte Gordon. I think its time to try some nonfiction together. This will be a good spring read!
- Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein – Code Name Verity was my jam.
- The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Page – follow-up to the very funny Dorothy Must Die, so we’ve got to find out what happens next.
- The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johnson – okay, I still have to read #1, but I know Amanda is chomping at the bit for this one! (Chomping at the bit is being really polite-thanks sister)
- Fourth of July Creek by Smith Henderson – hmm, this is the only author of my list who will be new to both of us. Maybe we need to think outside the box more. Maybe.
- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – author of our beloved Lumatere Chronicles. We obviously need to check out her other work!