Book problems can be a real drag, yo. I mean, check out these ten things that really bring us down about books and reading. We’re hooking up with the Broke and Bookish of course for Top Ten Tuesday.
- Holly: Amanda demands I read too many books. She is a hard core book pusher.
- Amanda: Holly doesn’t drop everything to read what I tell her to.
- Holly: Everytime I read certain book blogs, I end up hearing about more books I need to read (most notable culprits are The Paperback Princess, River City Reading, and Sophisticated Dorkiness).
- Amanda: Holly is too picky about my comma placement when she edits my posts.
- Holly: Amanda doesn’t always use commas appropriately in her posts.
- Amanda: My husband told me that when he dies one day I’m going to turn into a hoarder of books and live surrounded by piles and piles of them. I hope he doesn’t die because he’s right.
- Holly: I have not yet figured out my new library’s online request system since moving last month. This is probably because I have spent too much time moving Amanda’s commas around.
- Amanda: My daughter told me that she hates it when I get grown up books in the mail. Ummm that happens a lot.
- Holly: Amanda has so many ARCs and scheduled reviews that I never know when I’m supposed to post something.
- Amanda: Holly lives too far away for me to actually physically push my books onto her when I’m done with them.
Love those problems… Less comma moving should occur, more book piles!
My commas would probably drive you crazy Holly! I only have the vaguest idea what I’m doing with them! Great list! I don’t think my little one likes me getting grown up books in the mail and it’s definitely a pretty regular occurrence!
Sorry, not sorry for the part I play in adding to your TBR!
I love when you guys tag team these posts. Hilarious.
This reminds me I need to force A Man Called Ove onto my sister when I visit her!
Joining in on the sorry not sorry! I love that your problems echo each other 🙂
I love this list and the way you two gals wrote it! Perfection! Twitter and looking at people’s blogs–and of course, GoodReads–just keeps my TBR growing. I need to come up with a system to get my TBR down…it just will take me getting organized and sitting down and actually doing it. I know I can….LOL. Comma placements! I’m grading student papers right now and that reminds me of all the comma splices I see…uh oh, work is slowly moving into my blog comments: DANGER!
i am so bad with commas cos we are very lenient in Swedish and they are not that necessary 😉
Another reason to love Sweden!
Nicely done post!! Here’s a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-related.html
Haha, I love the back and forth! And I would totally have to correct a co-blogger’s commas. I wouldn’t be able to help myself.
Haha! Nice list! #3 is a big issue for me as well and my husband has definitely expressed his fear of #6!
Love the post, the back and forth made me laugh 🙂
I wish I could forward plan and schedule posts better, but I’m a seriously bad procrastinator.
Cora @ Tea Party Princess
I love the way your list is written 😀 3 is definitely something I relate to. It happens SO often. You read a brilliant review and before you know it you’re adding another book to a TBR pile which is already huge.
Such a fun post! I can’t figure out my new library’s system either! But that seems to be because they have ‘lost’ the book and when that happens, they don’t have a great way to tell you that the book is unavailable to put on hold…
Sophisticated Dorkiness is one of my favorite blogs, too.
Ahahaha, this is great. (Yes, I’m almost a month late on this comment. DEAL WITH IT!)