Today we’re hooking up with the Broke and the Bookish for the Top 10 books from our teen years that we would love to revisit
- Anne of Green Gables. All the Anne books really. I need to break down and buy the gorgeous new Puffin edition. But I need more bookshelves first.
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of N.I.M.H. I only remember that I loved this, can’t remember why. #old
- Matilda- when can I read this to Babycakes I wonder? This first or the B.F.G…
- Over Sea and Under Stone, (The Dark is Rising Series)Susan Cooper. I am waiting for this to come from the library. My copies of this series disintegrated from being read so often.
- A Wrinkle in Time- I have reread this kind of recently. Still an amazing series. Meg is a character I cannot wait to introduce my daughter to!
- James and the Giant Peach – books this awesome do not require an explanation.
- The Phantom Tollbooth – I have re-read this one in recent years. It holds up.
- The Giver – I have been meaning to revisit this one and also finish the rest of the series.
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe – notwithstanding the fact that Turkish delight is not actually delightful
- From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler – I don’t remember too much about this book other than learning how to hide in a museum bathroom after hours. Perhaps someday that knowledge will come in handy.
What’s on your list?