Happy Halloween! Thanks Shannon for letting me post about my ongoing library addiction with this check-in. I officially am out of room for my library stack – I need an intervention. I’ve been on a light reading kick. I need to step up my serious books to go with my non-fiction for November.
- Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews
- Overruled by Emma Chase
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West – EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS IMMEDIATELY!
- The Princess & The Warrior: A Tale of Two Volcanoes by Duncan Tonatiuh – thanks to Emma at Miss Print for this review These pictures were gorgeous, the story was great and it sparked some fun conversation about myths and Mexico in my house
- The Night Gardener by Terry Fan
Checked out To Be Read
- The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe by CS Lewis – if I can pry the kid away from the damn Rainbow Fairy books we’ll keep going
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – I’m afraid to start almost!
- The Green Road by Anne Enright
- My Own Words by Ruth Bader Ginsburg – YAY
- The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan
- Ghostland: An American History in Haunted Places by Colin Dickey
- Love, Loss and What We Ate by Padma Lakshmi
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
On-Hold – Clearly the kid needs a library card
- The Bad Beginning: Book the First by Lemony Snicket
- The Princess and The Pony by Kate Beaton (thanks again Emma). There were tears at my house when the library lost our first hold
- Hilary Rodham Clinton: Some Girls are Born to Lead by Michelle Markel
- Princess in Black by Shannon Hale
- Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- The Mothers by Brit Bennett – only #62 this could be worse
What’s on your library shelf this month?