I am reading the news in short snippets these days because unless it’s about Serena Williams or maybe Prince Louis’ christening it all gives me panic attacks. I’ve been reading fiction voraciously to escape (and a few nonfic too) and The Chicago Public Library is giving me everything. Here’s a list of what I’ve been loving – other than reading Goodnight Moon on repeat.
- Tangerine by Christine Mangan
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
- Whiskey & Ribbons by Leesa Cross-Smith
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black – please let me have The Wicked King soooooon!
- A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole – cheesy perfection
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- When Dimple Met Rishi and From Twinkle With Love by Sandhya Menon
- Queens of Fennbirn – 2 novellas in the Three Dark Crowns series. I usually hate novellas and these were great.
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara
- Make Trouble: Standing Up, Speaking Out and Finding the Courage to Lead by Cecile Richards
- Ranger in Time series by Kate Messner – what is there not to love about a golden retriever traveling through time and space to help people in need?
What else is out there that I should be reading to avoid reality?