As I looked at my Currently-Reading shelf on Goodreads last night I realized that my reading style is really kind of crazy lately. I have 6 books down as currently reading! And really, 5 of them I am in the process of reading.
- The Invasion of the Tearling. Maybe you’ve noticed I can’t shut up about Book 1- The Queen of the Tearling. Holly and I are reading #2 together and she is taking her sweeeeeeeeeeeet time. I’m not reading ahead only because I’m the best sister ever.
- The Scarlet Pimpernel. This has been on my TBR for years (thanks Mom!) and thanks to the 2015 TBR Challenge I’m finally crossing it off. I’m excited to see the spies in action that inspired the Pink Carnation series.
- Headstrong: 52 Women Who Changed Science-and the World. My morning commute non-fiction. I can’t read non-fiction after work or I fall asleep – no matter how good it is. Shameful! But anyway, this book is awesome! Full of super cool and smart women!
- Recipe for Disaster by Stacey Ballis. Honestly I’ve mostly heard of Ballis because she’s Jen Lancaster’s bestie, but that seemed as good a reason as any to pick up her book at ALA this January. Kind of a cute chick book thus far, good for when I want to read but not tax my brain.
- Never Be Younger: A YA Anthology. 9 retellings of Shakespeare stories in young adult. I need to finish asap for a review this week! Thankfully these are fast reads.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. This is the cheater on my current list. I don’t think I’ve picked this up since January. I clearly need to just go back to page 1. I fear I’d be disowned all around if I quit this without a fair chance.
I like going between different books for commuting and a definitely a different read for before bed. I really like to reread at bedtime because I don’t want to get so sucked into something new that I have to stay awake- anyone else?
I also like to have a few genres going at a time. This is a lot – but I’d say I often have a non-fiction and 2 fictions reading at once. Maybe a high fantasy and a contemporary? Or YA and an adult.
Do you read more than one book at once? Or listen to one and read one? Please tell me someone has more books going at once than my five! Holly pointed me to this post at I’m Lost in Books where the blogger reads 12 books at a time! Though that makes my head hurt to think about, she makes the comparison to keeping up with multiple tv shows at once. I think that makes sense- but I don’t watch that much tv either!
Also I’m playing with Riffle as opposed to Goodreads. Are you on Riffle? Any reason you might like it better than Goodreads?
Update! I forgot my kindle this morning. Boo hoo! So my TBR is about to be 7 books because I need something for my ride home!