Thanks Alexa Loves Books for hosting the 2015 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon!
- What’s your name? Amanda and Holly
- Where in the world are you blogging from? The frigid midwest. Complete with neverending snow and ice.
- How did you get into blogging in the first place?
Amanda: Our fairy blogmother is my friend Christina who was blogging at Allodoxaphobia at the time. Those ladies have moved on to other endeavors but thankfully Christina continues to answer all my blogging questions and always is willing to talk books with me!
Holly: Amanda made me do it!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Amanda: The name is in homage to our amazing high school English teacher. He taught us “If there’s a gun on the wall in Act One, its going to go off by Act Five.” RIP Bro Ruhl! If he could, Brother Ruhl would come back from beyond the grave to beat me with my inappropriate comma usage as well as my inability to correctly use “it’s” vs. “its”. Sorry sister.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
Amanda: That’s a good question-I don’t think I can answer. I think both of us will try nearly anything. I admit to reading much more smut and YA than my sister. But I don’t think that’s all of what I read.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
Profound Ones. Completely profound discussions. And TTT when we’re in the mood!
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Holly: Getting a comment from a Pulitzer Prize winning author here
8 . Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Amanda: That there is always someone willing to listen to me rapture about my latest read. And then chances are good they’ll point me to my next best read!
9. Name the 5 6 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
Amanda: The Wrath & the Dawn; Re Jane; The Invasion of the Tearling; A God in Ruins; Pocket Apocalypse
Which should I read first? The first 4 are all on my floor staring at me.
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Amanda: Ultraviolet by RJ Anderson. Totally shocked me.
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Holly: I really hate questions about book friends or boyfriends. Books are not people and that is okay.
Amanda: Books are not people I know sister. But it’s still fun to think about sometimes! I will avoid picking a boyfriend lest my husband ever read this and feel offended. But I can think of 2 BFF’s I take- 1. Elisa from Girl of Fire and Thorns. 2. Robin from The Cuckoo’s Calling. Clearly those are very different books – but two chicks that are smart, self aware and can kick booty!
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Holly: Cooking, tennis, annoying my sister
Amanda: Chasing my 4 year-old. Daydreaming fantasy vacations. Going anywhere in Chicago I can walk-when its not freaking snowing. Texting my sister. Also currently obsessed with the Americans and Orphan Black. Debating trying the 100 after the twitter obsession I see.
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Holly: Plane tickets.
Amanda: Shoes. All the shoes.
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Holly: Who goes to parties with DJs?
Amanda: How do I follow that up?
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
Holly: The Lumatere Chronicles. Obviously.
Amanda: Obviously, I agree with my sister 100%. On a totally different note, I think The Pink Carnation series would be totally fun.
Thanks for stopping by our Love-a-Thon post!! Please link us back to visit you!