Today we’re hooking up with the Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday.
As of today I’ve read 157 books. I’m still not sure how that happened. I’ve realized looking at my Goodreads list that I tend to stick to the same authors a lot of the time. Get me started on a series and I become obsessed and I have to finish-almost all the time. I’m glad I have some new authors on my list after this year!
- Gabrielle Zevin – The Storied Life of AJ Fikry was one of my favorite books this year. I hope her others are so good!
- Roxane Gay – Bad Feminist was amazing and she’s funny or biting on twitter. I pretty much want to read everything she says right now.
- Erika Johansen – I am a bit obsessed with the Queen of the Tearling. Can I please just have book two NOW?
- Jandy Nelson – I’ll Give You the Sun was fabulous, now to read her first book.
- Gail Carriger – I know I said I’m still not sure I understand steampunk, but I’m still super curious about her Parasol Protectorate series!
- Jennifer Estep The Elemental Assassin series seems like the kind of fun, not too serious UF reading I need sometimes. If only the CPL would get them to me.
- Maggie Stiefvater – The Raven Cycle series is so good so far! I need to read Blue Lily, Lily Blue and the Scorpio Races, and the rest of her books!
- Mhairi McFarlane – I can always enjoy chick lit and I really want to read her newest book.
- Marilyn Johnson– I never knew I’d be curious to read about librarians and obituary writers!
- Cora Carmack – I want to get back to Rusk University and check out her other books!