This move at least forced me to not hoard my library books because I was so afraid of losing them! However, instead I’ve lost my kindle which is really a terrifying feeling. I have such good ebooks checked out and I can’t get to them!
Checked Out and Currently Lost Ebooks
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (yes this is because I also can’t find the hardcover I preordered. Shut up)
Checked Out Currently Reading
- The Traitor’s Wife: The Woman Behind Benedict Arnold and the Plan to Betray America by Alison Pataki (meh)
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis. The kid is up and down on this so far. I will make her love it!
- The Cartel by Don Winslow – I’m not reading this but my husband is. He’s obsessed and in love. So if Mexican cartels are your thing this is apparently highly recommended! I don’t think I can do the violence he’s describing personally though it sounds excellent.
Checked Out Read – These are August too
- The Sight by Chloe Neill
- Sons and Daughters of Ease and Plenty by Ramona Ausubel – Check out this review at the Gilmore Guide to Books but I really enjoyed this!
- Apprentice in Death by JD Robb (perfect post move read)
- Love Loss and What We Ate by Padma Lakshmi (Thanks Sarah for the reminder!)
- Overruled by Emma Chase
- My Own Words by Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (I’m 17th in line and might not be able to handle this wait! But if I buy it will I just lose this too?)
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- The Princess and the Pony by Kate Beaton – this has been in transit since May. I’m slightly worried that the kid will never get to read about the pony that toots too much again.
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
Returned Unread – Too many good things to list. It’s kind of sad. I’ll just put them back on my list and pretend August/September never happened!
Thanks Shannon at River City Reading for this check-in! What’s on your library shelf this month?