Just for fun, we’re joining in with Fic Fare and the Swoony Boys Podcast for a Valentine-themed post and giveaway. 25 blogs are hosting giveaways and a scavenger hunt. We’ve got a special giveaway (details below) and you can also enter a big giveaway for a bracelet and an amazon giftcard – each participating blog has an assigned word or phrase (highlighted) somewhere in the post that you need to find to enter the grand giveaway (find a list of all the blogs to visit below).
Anyway, for our 14 Days of Fictional Swoon post, we are bringing you on a date. Or two.
If you could plan a double-date with any fictional characters, who would you bring? You just think about your answer for a minute, then you can scroll down for our’s!
I decided first that our double date would have to be a triple date so that Holly and I and our husbands could all be together. Then because I decided I had two of the best couples I could think of and didn’t want to make up my mind it’s now a quadruple date. Holly is inspiring me to be a rule breaker clearly. It would be an amazingly hilarious date I want you to know. My date includes my sister and the husbands, as well as Samir and Mili from Sonali Dev’s fantastic new book A Bollywood Affair and the delightful Bridget Jones and Mark Darcy from Bridget Jones’s Diary. (I’m pretending Bridget Jones #3 has never happened and if you try to tell me otherwise I am not responsible for my response.) Basically this dream date involves Samir cooking all the delicious sounding Indian food described in A Bollywood Affair in Mark Darcy’s posh London home. It also involves drinking ALL of the wine with Bridget and hilarious and intelligent conversation with Mili Don’t you wish you could be invited too?!
One time, Amanda came to visit me while I was in college and we went out for a nice dinner. It also happened to be Valentine’s day, so we were the literally the only two-some in the restaurant that was not out for a romantic evening together. Anyway, I am certain we had a good time, and considering that I am not a believer in celebrating romantic V-day’s, I decided that first and foremost, I would bring my sister on my fictional book character double-date.
[Note: I did try to think of a book that my husband and I have both read, to see if I could come up with a clever answer and invite him along, but I’m not fool enough to set up even a fictional rendez-vous with anyone from Game of Thrones.]
So then, I had to think about what fictional characters we could have a fun, platonic“date” with, and the answer was clear:
That’s right – we’re going out for second breakfast with hobbits Merry and Pippin. All romance will be repressed. In fact, there’s a good chance that these two would get stoned and blow us off, but that’s okay. Amanda and I will still have a good time.
In other words, I just completely broke all the rules about writing about Valentine’s Day swoony things. But, if you do want to read something more romantic, enter the giveaway below for a copy of A Bollywood Affair, which Amanda and I wrote about here and here. US only -sorry!
Enter our Rafflecopter giveaway
Then check out the other blogs below
14 Days of Fictional Swooning Schedule
- February 1st- Fiction Fare
- February 1st- Swoony Boys Podcast
- February 2nd- Literary, etc.
- February 3rd- Adventures in YA Publishing
- February 3rd- A Soul Unsung: Book Gossip for the Soul
- February 4th- Bookish Things & More
- February 5th- Books and Swoons
- February 5th- Love at First Page
- February 6th- Awesome Book Nuts
- February 6th- Mainstream Passionista
- February 6th- The Book Sphere
- February 7th- I Turn the Pages
- February 7th- Andi’s ABCs
- February 8th- Na’s Not So Newsworthy Thoughts
- February 8th- WhoRUBlog
- February 9th- Gun in Act One
- February 9th- We So Nerdy
- February 10th- What Sarah Read
- February 10th- Flutters and Flails
- February 11th- The Book Addict’s Guide
- February 11th- Effortlessly Reading
- February 11th- Lostbraincell’s Bookish Blog
- February 12th- GReads!
- February 12th- Books Equal Awesomeness
- February 13th- My Friends Are Fiction
- February 13th- Lee Kelly: New Write City
- February 14th- Fiction Fare
- February 14th- Swoony Boys Podcast
and enter the big giveaway!